More irresistible stuff

Sunday 6 March 2011

Microfiction Monday 7 March

Welcome to another round of Microfiction Monday courtesy of Susan at Stony River. Each week Susan posts a new picture and invites us to write a story in 140 characters or less.

Today's picture:



I am sure that at least one of these will be oft repeated!

---oOo---

"No wonder he looks so shifty," Maggie said. "I know gilt when I see it!"

---oOo---

"It's an open and shut case," said Sam Spade. "He was framed!"

---oOo---

A hundred years trapped in a photo, Edwin was in a hole. A very fancy hole admittedly, but still a hole.

---oOo---

17 comments:

  1. Grandpa Ross never had it easy: he always was a round peg in a square hole. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puns! LOL Love them! You're a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! The last one is my favorite.

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dominic, I don't know which one I liked more-number one kept me laughing longest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the open and shut case wins it for me! LOL!!!! My kind of humour!! LOL!! Excellent!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Great as always. Love the humour.
    My brain is current blank on the pic at the mo', but I've cleaned the bathroom and emptied the bins and done some laundry today.

    Glad you got your winning voucher. I look forward to hearing what you spend it on. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL corny but very good Dominic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *laughs* These are great fun. Well done, Dom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all, with a slight bias towards the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!

    Just wanted to let you know I'm giving you a Stylish Blogger Award!

    http://sullyscribbles.blogspot.com/2011/03/fifteen-blogs-im-passing-award-onto.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. I love those, especially the first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the last one. The guy in the picture could be the late actor, Christopher Reeve. Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

    ReplyDelete
  13. These were a delight to read! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You cracked me up, especially with the first one, Dominic. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there--loved all three but then again, I'm a lover of most puns, and am known for throwing them out at people at any opportunity! Great MM this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. You want to make my day don't you?