More irresistible stuff

Saturday 12 November 2011

Nano Week 2


NaNoWriMo Day 12
(as DominicSFF)

(Buddies welcome!)

I have passed the 20,000 mark, which is a great psychological milestone and hope to break the half way point today (or maybe tomorrow because writing has slowed appreciably since the plot line got a bit more hazy!)

Here is a tiny excerpt from the very latest bit of writing

“Terrible things are happening at the hall, Mistress Tarvi.”
The older woman clicked her tongue and gently laid her hand on Kari’s. “Mynah, dear.”
Kari swallowed, how could she repay this woman’s kind and generous heart by breaking it?
“The Magister Rector has been murdered, Mynah, and evil men seek to take control.”
“You know this, do you, dear?” It was said kindly, but with not unreasonable scepticism, given that scullery maids are not known for being at the centre of power.
“Sometimes people find themselves somewhere unexpected and hear things they shouldn’t. I was one and ...” She fought against the tears that pricked her eyes and the grief that seized her throat. “Rashad was another.”
Mynah, grew still, her face pale.
“I escaped,” Kari said. “The Power saved me; I don’t know why.” She couldn’t go on.
“and Rashad?” Mynah voice was barely a whisper.
Words fled and the tears that rolled silently down Kari’s cheeks spoke for her.

This is just before she blows up the tavern.

As you do.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting the 20k mark! And great excerpt. :) I wonder what's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Dominic on reaching your milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the last two sentences as part of the excerpt cos I wanted this to go on! Well done you!!

    Keep going!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on reaching 20k! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...I'm with Eagle. Congrats on getting to your milestone Dominic. The writing sample you put here is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1st Sunday in Advent. Hope you are still enjoying the nano process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dom. How's the writing going? I didn't comment on your excerpt before.
    Just re-read it. It seems feel of drama and emotion and yet your comment at the end suggests a lull before the storm for the story. Hope the rest is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dominic! I thought I would take a "thought" break and stop by, and I'm glad I did. I never joined the NaNo because I always thought it would be too much pressure for me, especially since I put enough pressure on myself. Congrats on 20,000! Everything is downhill from here...

    I am slowly but surely crawling my way through my first novel attemp as well (the reason for the time off from blogging) and nearing the 70,000 marker, but I started way back in April. I'm hoping that a good solid year will give me a workable (and complete) first draft, and hopefully I will be back to blogging soon. Good luck and keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. which channel you are at now, my man. Is it TB, UB,LU or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So how's the writing going? Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. You want to make my day don't you?